jueves, 21 de octubre de 2010

let go

I.
I have to learn to let go
to live & let go
open the hands of my memory
to live & let go
the lovers I had
to live & let go
the claws of my heart
to live & let go
blow the words of my enemies
to live & let go
even the ones I forgot
to live & let go

II.
I saw a lady in pink
today on the bus
and a man with her
helps her get on, and
with the fare
he even says
"sit down or you'll fall".
I turn my eyes,
scared with age
but she starts
"I used to be a boss,
I used to clean 
and iron, you see,
did 
you know?
Became wealthy
and  plenty...."
-Did-
-you- 
-know?-
And so,
she kept going
for a
____________

and the man in front,
her companion he is,
he looks like pain,
and everywhere
to avoid her,
her crazyness,
dementia it self,
her lost mind:
the fact, that he is
but she's not here
or his;
he looks like...
She says
"Are you with someone?
Sure you are,
too much 
of a polite man"
(Nodding,
suffering he is,
their stop is near,
and at least,
something
she can recognize...)
I have to let go
and so she did,
let go
but too many
and  the man
does not,
her husband is,
though
10 minutes later and
their stop
he sees
"dame una sonrisita"
and they are just holding hands,
and letting go
so as to not let go
getting off that bus...

Her name is Pepita,
the one that her own memory let go,
and I have to let go
-to live & let go-.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario